The Phrozen Mini 8K is a reliable small resin printer with one of the highest XY-resolutions available on the market.
It brings one of the best XY resolutions to date, dual linear rails, an increase in build volume, and a laser-etched build plate.
This printer is ideal for tight tolerances, jewelry casting, commercial items, and those that have splash cash. For cheaper options, check out other small resin printers like the Mono 4K, Mars 3, or Mini 4K.
- The Mini 8K's enhanced XY resolution of 0.022 mm will be perfect for miniatures that are not going to be painted, jewelry, and precision parts.
- The Mini 8K will use dual linear rails, providing reinforcement against wobble.
- The build plate will be etched similar to Anycubic's Ultra DLP printer - this is intended to allow resin to more effectively bond onto the plate.
Mini 8K Specifications
- Release Year: 2021
- Release Price: $500
- Assembly: Fully
- Build Volume: 165 x 73 x 180 mm
- XY Resolution: 0.022 mm
- Screen: 7.1" 8K (7500 x 3240)
- LED Intensity: ~2.07 mW/cm
- Compatible Slicers: Lychee, Chitubox, PrusaSlicer (UVtools)
- Power Requirement: 50 W
- Dimensions: 290 x 290 x 430 mm
- Weight: 29 lbs (13 kg)
- One of the better XY resolutions on the market, even competing with professional resin printers.
- Print quality and reliability increase from the dual linear rails.
- Larger build volume than DLP printers.
- The Mini 8K will be locked into Chitubox until there is any solution on that front.
- The retail price will be ≈$600, which is high for its size, but that is okay since the Mini 8K is a stepping stone between entry-level and prosumer.
- The Mini 8K will be perfect for entities printing jewelry, dental, general molds, models that are not going to be painted, or precision parts.
- The Mini 8K would not be recommended for individuals that plan on painting miniatures - the detail you gain will be lost as you layer paint.
- The fact that the Mini 8K will be locked to Chitubox is a serious downside and I sincerely hope that the issue is resolved so that everyone can freely choose what slicing software they wish to use.
Ultimate Resin Guide - compare resin printers, resin material, and equipment
Preparing for Resin Printing - setting up an enclosure, heating, ventilation, filtration, and cleaning equipment
FDM Printers Guide - comparison table and top picks for filament printers
Resin Properties or Filament Properties - comparison table and top picks for materials
Disclaimer: You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of, but not limited to, the resources, advice, and opinions of 4D Filtration or its employees. 4D Filtration or its employees do not assume any liability or create any warranty for the use of any information. 4D Filtration may receive commissions for referral links. Prices are approximated for simplicity and they may fluctuate due to sales or markdowns. Amazon .com should refer you to your local amazon site if you are not in the United States; there is a chance Amazon's link redirect system will take you to a different product.