The new Anycubic Mono X 6K is primarily just a Photon Mono X with a resolution boost. The Mono X 6K has slightly more build volume, a built-in screen protector, and a bump of the XY resolution from 0.05mm to 0.035mm. At a pre-order price of $600 and a normal price of ≈$660, the Mono X 6K rivals the Mono X which hovers between $500-550. For those new to medium-sized resin printers, the Mono X 6K is a solid pick, but if you already have a medium 4K printer, this does not really warrant a upgrade.
- The Photon Mono X 6K comes with a screen protector, which is a first for the Anycubic printers.
- The Mono X 6K also comes with a textured build plate, which is supposed to provide an increase in resin adhesion for the initial layer.
- 9.25" Monochrome LCD (5760 x 3600 px)
- Metal Vat
- XY Resolution: 0.034mm
- Build Volume: 197 x 122 x 245mm
- Layer Thickness: 0.01-0.15mm
- Printer Size: 290 x 270 x 475mm
- Power Consumption: 120 W
- Screen protector built-in by default.
- Adjustable UV power from 30-100%.
- Marginal build area increase over the regular Mono X, 192 x 120mm to 197 x 122mm.
- The Mono X 6K's screen replacement cost will probably be $150-200 considering that the regular Mono X's screen is $150.
- The Mono X 6K will be a perfect option for large or batch jewelry casting, commercial products, non-painted figures, or anyone with splash cash to get higher quality prints, even if the printer brings diminishing returns.
- If you do not need the size of either Mono X, we recommend going for the Photon Mono or Mars 2 in order to save money and determine if MSLA is right for you.
To compare resin printers, browse resin, and get equipment inspiration visit our Ultimate Resin Guide.
To compare FDM printers via an interactive table, side-by-sides, and in-depth articles.
Application & Safety FAQ answers common questions about resin.
Ventilation Simulations has animations for common DIY venting setups, and Heating Resin Printers during winter provides data for specific heat sources.
Our Resin Print Settings Table has associated images, mixes, and does a resin giveaway.
To browse resin properties and find your ideal strong, durable, flexible, or high-temp resin visit our Resin Properties Table. To find properties of filaments, visit our FDM Properties Table.
Disclaimer: You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of, but not limited to, the resources, advice, and opinions of 4D Filtration or its employees. 4D Filtration or its employees do not assume any liability or create any warranty for the use of any information. 4D Filtration may receive commissions for referral links. Prices are approximated for simplicity and they may fluctuate due to sales or markdowns. Amazon .com should refer you to your local amazon site if you are not in the United States; there is a chance Amazon's link redirect system will take you to a different product.