The new Anycubic Mono X 6K is primarily just a Photon Mono X with a resolution boost. The Mono X 6K has slightly more build volume, a built-in screen protector, and a bump of the XY resolution from 0.05mm to 0.035mm.
For those new to medium-sized resin printers, the Mono X 6K is a solid pick, but if you already have a medium 4K printer, this does not really warrant a upgrade.
- The Photon Mono X 6K comes with a screen protector, which is not a default for the 4K Mono X.
- The Mono X 6K also comes with a textured build plate, which supposedly provides an increase in resin adhesion for the first layer.
- 9.25" Monochrome LCD (5760 x 3600 px)
- Metal Vat
- XY Resolution: 0.034 mm
- Build Volume: 197 x 122 x 245 mm
- Layer Thickness: 0.01-0.15 mm
- Printer Size: 290 x 270 x 475 mm
- Power Consumption: 120 W
- Screen protector built-in by default.
- Adjustable UV power from 30-100%.
- Marginal build area increase over the regular Mono X, 192x120 mm to 197x122 mm.
- The Mono X 6K's screen replacement cost is $145.
- The Mono X 6K will be a perfect option for large or batch jewelry casting, commercial products, non-painted figures, or anyone with splash cash to get higher quality prints, even if the printer brings diminishing returns.
- If you do not need the build volume of a medium resin printer, we recommend going for the Photon Mono 4K or Mars 3 in order to save money and determine if MSLA is right for you.
Disclaimer: You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of, but not limited to, the resources, advice, and opinions of 4D Filtration or its employees. 4D Filtration or its employees do not assume any liability or create any warranty for the use of any information. 4D Filtration may receive commissions for referral links. Prices are approximated for simplicity and they may fluctuate due to sales or markdowns. Amazon .com should refer you to your local amazon site if you are not in the United States; there is a chance Amazon's link redirect system will take you to a different product.