The new Anycubic Mono SQ can be best described as the Mono X's baby brother. The Mono SQ is slightly larger than the Photon Mono, but it retains the features found in the Mono X. For $400 the Photon Mono SQ sports a 128 x 120 x 200mm build volume and an adjustable UV power level. To compare the SQ with the Mono and Mono X.
Anycubic Mono SQ
Resolution: 0.05mm (XY) 0.01mm (Z)
6.9" 3K Screen ($95)
Print Volume: 128mm (L) 120mm (W) 200mm (H)
- The Photon Mono SQ is the first prominent small resin printer to feature an adjustable UV power level - the Mono X has this feature but is a medium printer.
- The Mono SQ has the widest build area for a smaller resin printer, so wide that it is nearly a square (128x120mm).
- 6.9" Monochrome LCD (2560 x 2400 px)
- Metal Vat
- XY Resolution: 0.05mm
- Build Volume: 128 x 120 x 200mm
- Layer Thickness: 0.01-0.15mm
- Printer Size: 270 x 220 x 445mm
- Power Consumption: 66 W
- One of the largest build volumes for a smaller resin printer.
- Wide build area.
- Adjustable UV power.
- Less power consumption than the Mono X.
- The Mono SQ may be locked into Chitubox, we are awaiting confirmation.
- The retail price is ≈$400, which is high considering that the larger Mono X is ≈$550. However, it does create another ladder rung to save money if you do not need the extra build volume of a medium printer.
- The Mono SQ will be perfect for anyone who wants a larger build volume and wants to save some money by not purchasing a $500+ medium resin printer.
- For anyone just getting into resin 3D printing, we recommend going for the Photon Mono or Mars 2 in order to save money and determine if MSLA is right for you. If you need a larger bed and have the money, just go for a medium printer.
Ultimate Resin Guide - compare resin printers, resin material, and equipment
Preparing for Resin Printing - setting up an enclosure, heating, ventilation, filtration, and cleaning equipment
FDM Printers Guide - comparison table and top picks for filament printers
Resin Properties or Filament Properties - comparison table and top picks for materials
Disclaimer: You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of, but not limited to, the resources, advice, and opinions of 4D Filtration or its employees. 4D Filtration or its employees do not assume any liability or create any warranty for the use of any information. 4D Filtration may receive commissions for referral links. Prices are approximated for simplicity and they may fluctuate due to sales or markdowns. Amazon .com should refer you to your local amazon site if you are not in the United States; there is a chance Amazon's link redirect system will take you to a different product.