The Prusa Mini provides a hassle-free experience for beginners but this comes with an increased price tag. One cheaper alternative is the Ender 3 V2, which is the updated version of the commonly known Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro. The Ender is cheaper than the Prusa Mini and sports a larger build volume but at the sacrifice of filament options, auto-bed leveling, reliability, and customer support.
Max Nozzle Temp: 280°C
Max Bed Temp: 100°C
Print Volume: 180mm (L) 180mm (W) 180mm (H)
Photo credits: (c) Prusa Research - prusa3d.com
Creality Ender 3 V2 and Prusa Mini
- Both printers have a bowden extruder.
- Both printers can be connected locally and networked. The Ender 3 V2 has a micro-SD and micro USB - the Prusa Mini has a USB A, micro USB, and Ethernet port.
- The Mini comes with a build volume cube of 180x180x180mm.
- What filaments can it print at 280°C? PLA, PETG, ABS, ASA, PC (low temps), and even flexibles like TPU.
- The printer comes with automatic mesh bed leveling.
- The Mini has a magnetic PEI steel sheet for the print surface.
- Prusa has a fantastic track record for customer service and quality - any issues you have should be solved by their 24/7 support + their warranty + the community.
- The Prusa Mini is the printer for you if: you are new to 3D printing and want to avoid tinkering, are wanting to start a print farm, or are an institution that wishes to implement FDM printers in the classroom or lab.
Ender 3 V2
- The Ender 3 V2 comes with a build volume of 220x220x250mm.
- What filaments can it print at 250°C? PLA, PETG, ABS/ASA (low temps), and flexibles with some tweaking.
- The printer comes with a tempered glass bed attached to an aluminum plate.
- There is not an all-metal hotend, which means that the PTFE tube will begin to off-gas above 230°C.
If you are curious about resin printers, visit our Ultimate SLA Guide. To download the free files and print an air cleaner for your printer P Mini Guide. For common questions visit Application & Safety FAQ. To see animations of common DIY venting setups visit Ventilation Simulations. To find appropriate exposure times see our Resin Print Settings Table.
Disclaimer: You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of, but not limited to, the resources, advice, and opinions of 4D Filtration or its employees. 4D Filtration or its employees do not assume any liability or create any warranty for the use of any information. 4D Filtration may receive commissions for referral links. Prices are approximated for simplicity and they may fluctuate due to sales or markdowns. Amazon .com should refer you to your local amazon site if you are not in the United States; there is a chance Amazon's link redirect system will take you to a different product.