The Prusa Mini provides a hassle-free experience for beginners but this comes with an increased price tag. One cheaper alternative is the Artillery Genius Pro, which is the middle of the road printer for Artillery. The Genius is cheaper than the Prusa Mini, sports a larger build volume, and has a direct drive extruder but at the sacrifice of filament options.
Artillery Genius Pro
Extruder: Direct Drive
Max Nozzle Temp: 230°C (240°C)
Max Bed Temp: 130°C
Print Volume: 220mm (L) 220mm (W) 250mm (H)
Photo credits: (c) Prusa Research - prusa3d.com
Artillery Genius Pro and Prusa Mini
- Both printers can have filament runout protection - the Genius Pro has it included, the Prusa Mini it is optional.
- Both printers can be connected locally and networked. The Artillery Genius has a micro-SD and USB A - the Prusa Mini has a USB A, micro USB, and Ethernet port.
- The Prusa Mini comes with a build volume cube of 180x180x180mm.
- What filaments can it print at 280°C? PLA, PETG, ABS, ASA, PC (low temps), and even flexibles like TPU.
- The printer comes with automatic mesh bed leveling.
- The Mini has a magnetic PEI steel sheet for the print surface.
- Prusa has a fantastic track record for customer service and quality - any issues you have should be solved by their 24/7 support + their warranty + the community.
- The Prusa Mini is the printer for you if: you are new to 3D printing and want to avoid tinkering, are wanting to start a print farm, or are an institution that wishes to implement FDM printers in the classroom or lab.
Artillery Genius Pro
- The Artillery Genius Pro comes with a build volume of 220x220x250mm.
- There is not an all-metal hotend, which means that the PTFE tube will begin to off-gas above 230°C. It is recommended to replace the heatbreak or hotend if you want to print at higher temperatures.
- The direct drive extruder makes printing flexible filaments a breeze and increases print quality with more reliable retractions.
- What filaments can it print at 240°C? PLA, PETG, ABS/ASA (low temps), and flexibles.
- The printer comes with a non-removeable, tempered glass bed attached to an aluminum plate.
- Avoid buying this printer on Amazon as the majority of the listings are resellers not Artillery. One of the official channels for purchasing is AliExpress.
To compare resin printers, browse resin, and get equipment inspiration visit our Ultimate Resin Guide.
To compare FDM printers via an interactive table, side-by-sides, and in-depth articles.
Application & Safety FAQ answers common questions about resin.
Ventilation Simulations has animations for common DIY venting setups, and Heating Resin Printers during winter provides data for specific heat sources.
Our Resin Print Settings Table has associated images, mixes, and does a resin giveaway.
To browse resin properties and find your ideal strong, durable, flexible, or high-temp resin visit our Resin Properties Table. To find properties of filaments, visit our FDM Properties Table.
Disclaimer: You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of, but not limited to, the resources, advice, and opinions of 4D Filtration or its employees. 4D Filtration or its employees do not assume any liability or create any warranty for the use of any information. 4D Filtration may receive commissions for referral links. Prices are approximated for simplicity and they may fluctuate due to sales or markdowns. Amazon .com should refer you to your local amazon site if you are not in the United States; there is a chance Amazon's link redirect system will take you to a different product.